Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Year in the Life of Karen Moe Photography 2012 Part 2


Jasper

As soon as I saw Jasper, I knew I had to photograph him against an old stone wall covered in lichen. Having lived in Vancouver most of my life, I knew that the Burrard Inlet side of Stanley Park has just the wall. Australian Shepherds have the most dynamic colouring of any dog, in my opinion. And when they have one blue eye and one brown, it’s an aesthete’s dream!



As a Dog Art Photographer, the visual content and composition of the image is one of my greatest passions. I think I love nothing more than creating beautiful things. And it is easy to do when dogs are your subjects. Don’t get me wrong, I like photographing the human animal too; but, if a dog just looks at the camera and cocks his or her head, it’s a good shot; humans, of course, are another story!



I photographed Jasper on a wet, grey February day. Mike and Amanda wanted jumping shots, so Jasper happily accommodated by racing and leaping tirelessly for his best-friend Frisbee. As Australian Shepherds have an explosive amount of energy, Jasper could have run and hurled himself upwards all day, I am sure.




When we had our viewing slide show with wine & cheese at my studio, Jasper saw himself doing his thing on the screen and jumped up at the pictures. Was he going for his Frisbee again? Even in two-dimensions! Now that’s devotion!




No comments:

Post a Comment