Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Eastside Culture Crawl 2011

Hi all

I just emerged from the Crawl. Keep going to sleep and not waking up after weeks and hours of preparation and transforming my live/ work studio to look like I don't live here. Went well ... both the transformation and the event. Lots of people came through and many of them were interesting and interested. Always a good thing!

I debued Princess Vulva on Friday night (yes, I am also a political/ feminist photographer). People were either fascinated or horrified ... it's good when your critical art evokes extremes, so I was satisfied. Check out my Fine Art website for more info on Princess and other projects www.karenmoe.net.

Everyone loved the Dog Art. How can you not? Art: good. Dogs: good. I photographed dogs, kids and even two politicians on Santa's lap (it was voting day and they were moving through the building making sure we were all doing our civic duty).

I made a lot of new contacts and all and all a fabulous affair. Check out highlights ... the first is of me sitting in the Santa chair after debuing Princess Vulva. Next: Princesses. Then, the donation table (5% of all shooting fees at Karen Moe Photography goes to Liberation BC (protects farm/ factory farm animals), The SPCa (protects domestic animals), The West Coast Wilderness Committee (protects wild animals) and The BC Health Coalition (protects human animals by fighting to save our universal health care!). Next: Dog Art. And, Santa Chair. Finally, 3 gorgeous doggies and a swell Santa.

Bye for now!
















Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment